2023 Representative Trials
We appreciate your interest in Ariels Representative Netball.
Netball is an exceptional team sport, and at Ariels, we are dedicated to supporting our athletes, coaches, and umpires in achieving their fullest potential within our netball program. Our primary goal is to offer every athlete the opportunity to engage in representative netball, supporting their growth to the highest level, and establishing a clear pathway for elite athletes.
- Two Trial Sessions: Two trials are scheduled for each age group. The second trial is exclusively for players who receive callbacks. Attendance at this callback session is mandatory for consideration.
- Registration Deadline: To participate, all aspiring players must complete their registration by the Friday preceding their first trial session.
- Appropriate Attire: During the trials, all participants must wear a plain white top and dark sports bottoms.
- Pre-Trial Instructions: Before the first trial date, registered players will receive an email containing essential instructions to prepare for their attendance on the specified trial dates.
- Attendance Requirement: To be considered for selection, it is imperative that you attend the first trial session. The second trial is reserved for callbacks only.
- Exceptional Circumstances: If you are unable to attend either trial due to reasons such as a holiday or injury but still wish to be considered, please notify us via email at [email protected]. Remember, registration is mandatory even if you cannot attend.
- On-Site Registration: On the day of the trials, please be aware that we will not accept any registrations.
- Personal Items: Ensure you bring any necessary medication and a water bottle to stay comfortable and hydrated during the trials.
- Announcement Dates: Athletes who successfully make it into their age group squads will be notified in October. Team assignments for the 2024 season will be disclosed in January.
- Trial Fee: There is a trial fee of $10.70, which covers processing costs.
Dates & Times
|Sunday 15th & Sunday 22nd October 2023
|Under 17 & Open
|Monday 16th & Monday 23rd October 2023
|Div 1 Open
Playing at Ariels
Playing at Ariels offers a comprehensive and enriching experience:
Teams: Ariels boasts a diverse range of teams, spanning from U11 to Opens, including U19 State Super Series and Premier Divisions. Notably, our U11 and U13 teams are open to both girls and boys. In addition to these, we proudly have four teams participating in MLeague, which is Victoria’s premier Men’s and Mixed Netball league.
Training: Our dedicated training sessions take place at Maroondah Nets on Sunday afternoons and Monday evenings. We also conduct Pre-Season training during December and January. Training durations vary, with U11, U13, U15, and U17 teams training for 90 minutes, while Opens, U19 State Super Series, and Premier Divisions train for 120 minutes.
Pre-Season Camp: Ariels hosts a memorable two-day camp at CYC The Island, Phillip Island, attended by coaches, athletes, and committee members. This camp serves as an opportunity for our athletes to bond, engage in team-building exercises, and immerse themselves in all thing’s netball. Athletes share cabins, develop friendships and camaraderie while enjoying shared meals.
Strength and Conditioning: Our trusted S&C provider, SRA, offering High Performance training, Injury rehab, and Professional Athlete programs., collaborates with us, ensuring that correct training techniques are instilled in all our players.
Starting in 2024, they will work with all our Representative players. This initiative exposes our junior athletes to specialized warm-ups, gym sessions, and age-appropriate training. Older athletes will engage in high-level testing, gym sessions, and fitness assessments with SRA. The training sessions are tailored to the age and needs of our athletes.
Wellbeing: Ariels prioritises the overall well-being of our athletes. We have a dedicated Wellness Coordinator who offers care and support, focusing on both physical and mental health, both on and off the court. Our coordinator Jamie O’Hare holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and is currently completing a Masters of Counselling, in addition to being a Registered Behavioural Technician. Whether working with groups or providing confidential support to individuals, our Wellness Coordinator is here to ensure our athletes thrive in all aspects of their lives.
|2006 or earlier
At Ariels, we are dedicated to nurturing not only exceptional netball players but also well-rounded individuals. Join us on this exciting journey of growth, teamwork, and excellence in netball!