COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
ARIELS WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE THIS PAGE AS WE GET MORE INFORMATION
Monday 18th May –
Return to Community Netball – NV Members – from Netball Victoria.
Ariels Committee will provide our Association specific return to netball plan in the next few days.
Monday 11 May –
As more information comes to hand we will keep you informed about when training will resume. We will be guided by Netball Victoria and our local council.
-Ariels VCNA Committee
Wednesday 18 March – A Message From Our President:
With continually changing government directives relating to public gatherings we have decided to cancel the training and strength and conditioning/track sessions originally scheduled for this Thursday 19 March, Sunday 22 March and all next week.
Training was scheduled to resume on Sunday 19 April, however as circumstances are changing daily we are unable to confirm when it will resume now. We will let you know when we can.
Our priority is the health and safety of our players, coaches, families and the community.
We do encourage athletes to continue practicing with a netball as much as possible and to continue with their fitness training for their physical and mental health and wellbeing. The summer program is still on our website in the password protected page for players to follow. Coaches will send you some ideas for home training as well.
Please note the following changes to our 2020 key dates:
- The April fee instalment will be deferred until later in the year.
- Presentation night (Ariels VCNA and Jets teams) – scheduled for June will be postponed until later in the year.
- VNL launch night – cancelled
- VNL season – postponed
- Waverley games – suspended
- Ariels 15u social competition – postponed
- Ariels social competition at The Rings – postponed
- Mildura tournament – at this stage the Mildura tournament is still scheduled for late September. We will let you know if we are informed of any changes. (The new stadium and courts being built in Mildura are not at the site of the existing courts so there is no interruption to the tournament while they are being built.)
The Committee will be continually reviewing all government directives and will keep you informed via email over the coming weeks.
Please look after yourself and your family during this difficult time.
For current Netball Victoria Guidance please visit: https://vic.netball.com.au/covid-19-information